Seven Ways to Speed up Your PC
Searching databases for Public Records and Court documents can be exhausting, we need to make sure our computers are operating at top performance in order to expedite our searches ....
Your PC becomes clogged with unused programs, invalid system registry entries, temporary data and even unwanted pests such as viruses, adware and spyware. Below is a list of seven easy ways to recover your PCís performance and lost speed.
1. Clean your disk Ė Windows XPís Disk Cleanup tool removes temporary internet files, downloaded program files (like Java applets and ActiveX controls), temporary windows files and empties your Recycle Bin. You can also choose to remove Windows components and installed programs that you donít want anymore. You can access Disk Cleanup from the Start button, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Cleanup. Follow the prompts to choose the best options for your needs.
2. Detect and repair your disk errors Ė Windows XPís Error Checking utility checks your hard drive for errors and will automatically repair bad sectors. It also will search for file system errors and damaged or misplaced files. To run the Error checking utility, right-click on My Computer, choose Properties, Tools, and Check Now. Select the options that you want and then click Start.
3. Defragment your hard drive Ė Disks can become fragmented thus making it harder for the computer to find your data resulting in slowing down your PC. Use Windows XPís Disk Defragmenter regularly to de-fragment your hard drive. You can access Defragmenter from Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and Disk Defragmenter.
4. Scan for and remove viruses, spyware, adware and other forms of malware Ė Invest in an anti-virus program as well as an Anti-spyware program and keep them updated. Regularly scan for and remove any viruses, spyware, adware or other type of malware. These nasty programs have a way of gobbling up your computerís valuable system resources along with carrying out their evil programs.
5. Clear out the Startup folder Ė Programs that launch every time you start up the system gobble up your system resources. Most of the time, these programs are launching and you are not even using them. Why load them if you arenít going to use them? Go to Start, Run and type in: msconfig. Click ďOKĒ and choose the Startup tab. Disable any items that you donít regularly use. This doesnít remove them from your system, it merely stops them from launching each time you turn on your PC.
6. Clean out your system registry Ė This is not a job for the every day computer user as editing the registry is a dangerous and risky task, Instead let a quality registry cleaning software program such as Paretologic's RegCure do the job for you. The software takes the risk out of registry cleaning and recovers lost performance. Youíll love your computer once again!
7. Schedule scans and updates for off times Ė Schedule any virus scans, system updates, virus definition updates, backups and other processes for off times when you arenít using the computer.
Simply follow these steps to recover your PCís lost performance and speed.